SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Highly skilled editor who has edited and worked on award-winning projects of various lengths across many genres, while working on multiple projects.
- Strong creative, and visual point of view, willing to push for a decision that is best for the project.
- Highly adaptive thinking, excellent problem-solving skills
- Worked in all areas of film production, from pre-production to delivery
- Team player who thrives in a collaborative environment finding the best solution to the problem, and able to work independently as needed.
- Written, Directed and Produced various projects.
- Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Cloud products including: Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator as well as other editing software.
- Worked closely with a strong director on award-winning short films.
- Communicated efficiently with directors and producers to get additional footage that was needed.
- Follows production schedules, delivering films on schedule or ahead of schedule.
- Edited a wide variety of material from fictional feature documentaries to 15-second commercial spots.
- Highly knowledgeable about video codecs and export standards.
GENERAL FILMMAKING SKILLS
- Extensive experience in all phases of filmmaking, from pre-production to delivery after post-production.
- Skilled storyboard artist.
- Managed a team of filmmakers to make a successful film project.
- Contributed to the production of over 55 film and video projects of various lengths and budgets. Did whatever was needed to help the production run Smoothly.
- Worked well with people from various backgrounds including VIPs. Worked with people from all over the World, various socio-economical backgrounds, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Responds quickly to communications to resolve problems as they arise, and make changes to the project in a timely manner. Does what is needed to help the team effectively solve any problems that might arise.
- Created engaging media with several different mediums including: photography, vector-based graphic design work, and interactive media.
- Highly interested in new and upcoming audio and video advances, willingness to share my knowledge with others.
Freelance Editor Various Clients, Burbank and San Jose
January 2010 to Present
- Used Premiere Pro CC, Avid Media Composer, and Final Cut Pro to edit short films, advertisements, and trailers.
- Used Adobe After Effects to add visual effects and credits on films and commercials.
- Edited award-winning projects.
- Edited projects that were in foreign languages (Spanish and Korean)
- Worked with voice-over narration and dialogue replacement on several projects.
- Clients I have worked for:
- Khan Academy – Career Profile Videos – Editor
- Grand Scale Films – Good Luck – Editor
- Timber Vision – promo reel, Friedman’s commercial – Editor
- Tremendous Films – Boston George Pilot, 16 Bars – Editor
- O.T.F. Films – Chasing the Past – Editor
- O2 Films – 7 Short Films About Love ( Lago di Seta, Love in the Fog, A Part of it) – Editor
- Kings Manor Productions – Nameless – Editor
- After Romeo & Juliet – Editor
Teacher AMJ Academy South Korea
April 2018 – July 2018
- Taught film and media classes to Korean children, helped establish a curriculum
- Researched equipment for the school to purchase
Film Professor SAE Institute San Jose
September 2015 to September 2017
- Taught students about post-production.
- Taught students about filming and working with lights and other camera equipment.
- Prepared and gave lectures
Editing Intern Cinequest Film Festival, San Jose
September 2014 to March 2015
- Edited short films for the Picture the Possibilities program (one of them was Spanish)
- Read and rated screenplays submitted to the screenplay competition.
- Edited an introductory piece for Rosario Dawson when she won an award.
- Edited an advertisement/calendar of events piece for the food sponsors.
Student Volunteer UNIQUE Programs, Sacramento
January 2005 to May 2008
- Worked with VIPs who were performing at Sacramento State
- Setup audio and lighting equipment
- Worked as a concert photographer
- Ran the spotlight
Intern American Pavilion (technical group), Cannes Film Festival
May 2005 to May 2005
- Worked with VIPs who were lecturing at the American Pavilion.
- Ran an audio mixing board for a panel discussion
- Setup audio cables and microphones for panel discussions, interviews, and lectures.
Chapman University, Orange, CA – Master of Fine Arts Film Production
Sacramento State, Sacramento, CA – Bachelor of Arts Film Studies (Magna Cum Laude)
Opera San Jose – Lightwalker, Supernumerary, Volunteer at events for donors
Gallery 85 – Artist, Volunteer during holiday events and other art shows